The time is ripe for furries to take a firm stance as we can no longer tolerate complacency and turn a blind eye to the actions of Twitter leadership directed towards marginalized groups.
I’ve interacted with a handful of furs who continue to cling to Twitter, their justifications ranging from having a larger follower base there, it helps them promote their sales or streams, to still having friends using the platform.
But let’s expose the harsh truth, shall we? Twitter, under Elon Musk’s guidance, has deteriorated into a cesspool rife with hatred, deceit, misinformation, and a plethora of other repulsive aspects. The platform seems to openly endorse hate speech, while concurrently muffling the voices of minorities. To add to this, Musk himself has seemly endorsed disturbing transphobic content, acting as a lighthouse for other bigots and effectively transforming the platform into a hotbed of anti-LGBTQ+ sentiment. Prior to his acquisition of Twitter, Musk himself has been noted of taking anti-LGBTQ+ stances and some racist tones which are linked below for reference. There’s also a list of all the other terrible things too which include items outside this scope.
Our furry community is rooted in the principles of expression, openness, and acceptance. Considering these values, I can’t help but surmise that those furries who choose to remain on Twitter are endorsing hate speech. This is utterly unacceptable. Mastodon, in stark contrast, has proven itself to be a promising alternative. As the adage goes: “If you build it, they will come”.
Therefore, I urge you to transition to Mastodon, a platform that aligns with our ethos. I firmly believe that your followers will make the leap alongside you. Let’s make a stand against the propagation of hate speech and invest in a platform that truly values and respects our community. The time for excuses is over; it’s time for action.
- Elon Musk Personally Elevates Transphobic Video Originally Flagged as Hate Speech – “Every parent should watch this,” said the man disowned by his trans daughter.
- Elon Musk’s anti-trans tweets continue with views on Megan Fox and her kids – The Twitter CEO has spent Pride Month promoting and “liking” various anti-LGBTQ messages, including Robby Starbuck’s disputed claims that Megan Fox forced her sons to wear girls clothes
- The hypocrisy of Elon Musk – Once bullied himself, the billionaire now bullies trans community
- Responding to Elon Musk’s pronoun-mockery
- Elon Musk Slammed for Sharing Anti-LGBTQ+, Anti-Feminist Meme – The image posted on Musk’s Twitter account makes fun of several social justice causes from queer rights to reproductive rights and Black Lives Matter.
- Elon Musk’s Twitter Makes Millions Off Anti-LGBT ‘Groomer’ Tweets: Report – Musk promised Twitter wouldn’t become a hellscape of hate. Researchers say he’s broken his word.
- What Elon Musk Has Said About Transgender People Amid Pronoun Dustup
- Elon Musk should apologize for mocking gender pronouns, says group that gave Tesla top LGBTQ-friendly rating
- Elon Musk Says Black Employee Filing Lawsuit Should ‘Be Thick-Skinned And Accept Apology’
- Elon Musk’s Twitter sees rise in racial slurs, hate speech
- Elon Musk accuses media of racism after newspapers drop ‘Dilbert’ cartoon
- Elon Musk calls U.S. media and schools ‘racist against whites & Asians’
- A Reminder of Just Some of the Terrible Things Elon Musk Has Said and Done
- Musk says ‘cis,’ ‘cisgender’ considered slurs on Twitter